20 Under 40
The Whittier Chamber to honor local business leaders under the
age of 40 who are excelling in their career field
Do you have a young professional that is greatly impacting your organization or business? Do you know of a young professional actively working to elevate our community? Nominate them today to be featured in our “Under 40” segment in our Community Resource Magazine
Criteria for the award is as follows:
- Must work in Whittier
- Must be under the age of 40 as of Jan. 1, 2023
Tips to make sure your nomination stands out.
- Be thorough. If you know your nominee does a lot in the community, but you are not sure what it is, FIND OUT! Incomplete nominations don’t win. Amazing people tend to be humble and you might not know everything they are involved in. Get to know your candidate and represent them in the best light. Do some research; talk to their spouse, sibling, parent, boss, business partner, board members, etc, if necessary.
- Data tells a great story! Knowing that your nominee grew their business from 4 to 30 employees, raised $10M for their charity, increased sales by 150% or volunteers 500 hours/year impresses our judges.
- Be concise and specific. Bullet points are great!
- Call out achievements and awards; even if outside of their professional capacity.
An anonymous selection committee will meet and review the nominations to determine the 20 recipients. Six - eight recipients will be chosen to be highlighted in the 2023 Winter edition of the Whittier Chamber’s Community Resource Magazine. All nominees will be listed.