Updated 04/03 at 3:57 p.m.
COVID-19 Business Resources
The Whittier Chamber has gathered a list of important, credible resources for local businesses impacted by COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) to ensure you, your employees and your business are protected.
* Newest articles
AMERICA'S JOB CENTER OF CALIFORNIA
ATKINSON, ANDELSON, LOYA, RUUD, & ROMO; A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION
- OC Amends Issue to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- HR 6201: What Employers Need to Know About the Federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – FAQs on laws enforced by the California Labor Commissioner’s Office
- Cal/OSHA Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from Coronavirus
CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)
- *Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Resources for Large Community Events & Mass Gatherings
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Interim US Guidance for Risk Assessment
- CDC’s recommendations for 30 day Mitigation Strategies for Santa Clara County, California, based on current situation with COVID-19 Transmission and affected health care facilities
CITY OF WHITTIER
CONGRESSWOMAN LINDA SANCHEZ
- *Current Resources, Future Resources, How You Can Help, and How to Report Non-Essential Businesses Still Running
COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES
- COVID-19: County Closures, Cancellations, and Service Modifications
- Supervisor Solis announces Fairplex as Quarantine Site for those exposed to COVID-19
LABOR & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
LOS ANGELES SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (SBDC)
JEWISH FREE LOAN ASSOCIATION (JFLA)
- JFLA is offering no-fee and interest-free loans of up to $10,000 to cover: small business losses, lost wages, child-care costs due to canceled travel plans. More information.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH UNDERWRITERS
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- *BEWARE OF SCAMS AND FRAUD SCHEMES
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to California Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS COMPANY
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION
Remote Working Tools
Google Suite/Hangouts - $6 - $25 per user
Audio/Phone | Video Conferencing | Instant Messaging | Information Storage/Sharing | Project Management | Security/Encryption
Office 365/Teams - $0 - $12.50 per user*
Video Conferencing | Instant Messaging | Information Storage/Sharing | Project Management | Security/Encryption
*In response to COVID-19: Beginning March 10, Microsoft is rolling out updates to the free version of Teams that will lift restrictions on user limits.
Our employees and their families need to be safe. They also need jobs. How we as a community respond impacts both.
Your employees may not be elderly, have a chronic underlying condition (lung or heart disease or diabetes), or have a compromised immune system. But they may be the caregiver for someone who does.
Having a plan ensures your employees that you are acting in their best interest as well as the company’s.
"Governor Gavin Newsom issued an executive order that authorizes local governments to halt evictions for renters and homeowners, slows foreclosures, and protects against utility shutoffs for Californians affected by COVID-19."
"On March 19, 2020, Supervisor Kathryn Barger, Chair of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, signed an Executive Order which includes the moratorium on residential and commercial evictions."
Safer at Home Order: "Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a crime punishable by fine, imprisonment or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120295; Los Angeles County Code § 11.02.080.)"
"Los Angeles County has issued an Order closing certain businesses, banning public and private gatherings of a certain size and implementing social distancing requirements for essential businesses."
"All bars, clubs, theaters, entertainment centers, and fitness centers are ordered to be closed until further notice."
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Stimulus (CARES) Act
TEMPORARILY CLOSED: Whittier Area Schools/School Districts
Don't see your school district listed? Click here. (EdSource.org)
- HOW THE AMERICAN WORKER CAN SURVIVE FINANCIALLY DURING THE NEXT 3 MONTHS (Zippia)
- 5 Tips for Staying Productive While Working from Home (TIME)
- How to Work From Home: 20 Tips From People Who Do It Successfully (HubSpot)
- Work from Home 101: A Telecommuter's Guide to Working Remotely (ZDNet)
- Here's What to Do If You Lose Work Due to COVID-19 in California (KTLA 5)
- Nonprofits: Continuity Planning for COVID-19 (and Other Disruptions) (Armanio)
- Crisis Planning Checklist (Armanio)
- Tips for Business and Community Leaders Working to Address the Social and Economic Fall-Out from the Coronavirus (Institute for Sustainable Development)