“I’m a member. How can I promote my business through the Whittier Chamber?”
Write a blog!
Have something interesting to share with the community? Maybe it’s a How-To article or the basic 101 of your business. Submit any articles you’d like to Celina by email email@example.com. Once approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email and within a day, you’ll see it here on our blog page!
Put it on the community calendar!
Have an event or special promotion coming up? Put it on the community calendar. To submit an event, click here, and complete the boxes provided and your information will be up (once approved by Chamber staff) for all to see. The community calendar information from our website is also used to create the calendar in the Business Focus – another great way to spread the word about your event (and it’s a FREE benefit of membership)!
Submit a press release!
Has your business won an award or added new staff? Our Business Focus’ Around Town section is dedicated to promoting business news and organizations and events in our community. Submit a press release to us by the 10th of the month prior to publication for inclusion in the Around Town section. This is a great way to get your message out to nearly 20,000 Business Focus newspaper and online readers!
Be a table host!
Want more face-to-face exposure for your business? Sign up in advance to be a table host at the next Wake Up Whittier networking breakfast. You will have the exclusive opportunity to promote your business, organization or event to your table guests and get additional publicity for it, completely free with membership!
Put it on the placemat!
Wake Up Whittier placemats provide Chamber information and business advertising to a captive audience of over 160 professionals monthly. Placemat ads are great for promoting events or to serve as a reminder that you are around and open for business! Just $25 per month.
Win a plug pass!
Have a new product to promote, a sale, an event or other news to share? Plug passes give randomly selected businesses or organizations the opportunity to give a 30-second commercial at Wake Up Whittier. Only 4 will be drawn each month. If you were not selected to give a 30-second commercial, remember that we have a marketing table for you to put your information on.
Send us flyers!
The Chamber office has a great marketing counter with tons of business cards and community event flyers. The Chamber serves as the unofficial welcome center for the Whittier community and we have many people coming in and out of the office on a daily basis. This is another great way to promote, promote, promote!
Donate a raffle prize!
Bring a gift to any of our events (Wake Up Whittier and Tasty Tuesday are monthly) with your business card/event flyer attached and your business will be recognized!
Purchase an ad!
The Business Focus is available in print and online with a great readership of over 20,000! For additional exposure, you can purchase an ad to make your business or event stand out even more. We can even help you design your ad! For ad rates and deadlines, click here (remember, we work 1 month prior to publication date!).
Once you have your flyers or invitations printed, send them to your fellow Chamber members. A set of labels (over 600 names and addresses) is $60. Please give us at least a day’s notice to print them for you.
Sponsor an event!
Our events are well attended and sponsorships can provide additional exposure and marketing for your group. Call the office for details. Sponsorships range from $100 to $2500 (but are well worth the investment!).
Get a table at our Expo!
Our Business Expo provides excellent opportunities for you to pass out information and tell your story to hundreds of businesses and residents.
Door 2 Door Flyer Distribution Program!
This is a perfect opportunity to promote your business to 4,000 Whittier residents. Three times a year we do a special bag filled with local business flyers, coupons, and information. You provide us with 4,000 marketing pieces and $250 and we will stuff and deliver the bags around town. Delivery times are November, January, and July.
Chamber programs and events where you can promote your business, organization or event:
- Wake Up Whittier (3rd Wednesday of the month, different Chamber member location each time, 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. FREE for Chamber members to attend)
- Tasty Tuesday (last Tuesday of the month, different Chamber member location each time, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. You pay for your lunch – usually $10)
- B.A.S.H. (date and location vary – held 4 times per year from 4-6 p.m.)
- Business Expo/Shop Local Community Expo (Held on January 31 and July 11 respectively. Attracts 100s of people from the business and residential communities)
- Hathaway Golf Classic (held in September, with great marketing opportunities available like sponsorships, tee signs and raffle prize opportunities)
- Annual Meeting and Installation (held on April 4, this is a great chance to learn what’s happening at the Chamber and how we continue to help you)
- Silver Shield Awards Banquet (held in February, this event honors our Police Department. Opportunities available to sponsor an officer or attend the event)
- Ribbon Cuttings (held throughout the year, this is a great chance to welcome new businesses to town or to the Chamber and tell them about your business or group)
- Chamber committees (great opportunity to lend your expertise and network on a smaller scale with fellow Chamber members while helping to design a Chamber event or promote membership)