Whittier Relief Fund
Small businesses and organizations are vital to our community because of the jobs they provide to our residents, the sales tax they generate, and the services that they provide which are critical to the public.
The City of Whittier, Whittier Area Chamber of Commerce, Business & Economic Recovery Taskforce, and Whittier Uptown Association have partnered to create the Whittier Relief Fund to assist Whittier small business owners who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Grant applications now open!
Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis based on eligibility standards in the application.
Grants ranging from $500-$2,500 will be offered to eligible businesses meeting the following criteria:
- Must have a valid City of Whittier business license
- Must have a brick and mortar location in the City of Whittier
- Must be independently owned and operated
- Must either provide personal care services (hair, nail, massage, tattoo, tanning) OR generate sales tax revenue in the City of Whittier
Grants will be awarded based on:
- Type of business industry
- Annual gross taxable revenue up to $1.25M
Use of funds:
Funds can be used for general operations and overhead such as payroll expenses, supplier payments, rent or mortgage, PPE, and/or sanitation supplies for the workplace.